Sep 8, 2009

Won't I make more if I sold my home myself.


Uh huh, this is a common misconception in this country, that if I advertised my property in the paper and mention it to the people that I know I could get my house sold quickly and make more money. While I agree that you might very well be able to do so, real estate agents are only here to help. By that I mean soliciting the help of a real estate agency places you in a position to make the same amount of money you had intended but in a shorter space of time.

Most real estate agents realize that there are special ways to advertise, market and inform the public about your property. Due to there experience in the market they know for example that a house thats worth 500k or more requires a different marketing plan from a house thats worth 150k. Realtors have the added benefit of being able to determine based on experience the real estate sales market as a whole but how sales are in your specific area. So a qualified realtor has the ability to determine how much your property would be able to reap on the open market at that time.

We have an inumerable network of real estate agents, mortgages brokers, bankers, lawyers, and most importantly propspective purchasers, a commodity that you more than than likely do not have at your disposal.

But to stay on topic, let's assume that you wanted to walk away form your house sale with $120,000.00 after everything is done, that can happen with the help of an agent. In many instances throughout the years, real estate commissions have been the responsiblity of the buyer, yes the buyer can pay the real estate comission leaving you with the money you wanted to receive. So essentially you have someone working for you for free, who not only manages house veiwings but ensures that those clients have been prequalified before a viewing has some general information for security purposes, and follows up with your clients to move them to the next step.

So all in all it is only to your benefit to have realtor participation in your transaction to ensure that your property is sold in the time frame you intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment